Lead Qualified Teacher
Positive Bright Start Child Care operates under the belief that all children have special needs and special strengths, and in the appropriate learning environment, all children can learn from their peers as well as their teachers. Our teaching staff will have been trained in the Positive Behavior Support model. Positive Behavior Support (PBS) is a problem solving approach to behavioral support that uses assessment data to make decisions, preventative strategies to reduce incidence of challenging behavior, and instructional strategies to teach the child replacement skills for problem behavior.
Purpose: The role of the Co-lead Teacher is to collaborate with and support other co-lead teachers in providing an educational and stimulating classroom environment for young children. Co-Lead teachers create a classroom where experiences are designed to develop self-esteem and positive self-image, social interaction, self-expression and communication skills, creative expression, intellectual growth, and ensure safety. This position will allow the right candidate to work with children ages 2.5years old to school age.
Hours required: Full time, Monday through Friday between the hours of 7:30am and 5:30pm
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
* Lead Teacher qualification
* Knowledge of child development theory and practice
* Knowledge of applicable safety procedures
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with families, children and administration
* Ability to provide a supportive and caring environment for children
* Ability to exercise control and maintain positive classroom discipline
* Ability to self-motivate
* Flexible Schedule -- ability to respond on call
* Spanish speaking a plus
Minimum Job Requirements
* One year experience in a licensed childcare facility AND meet qualifications for K.A.R. 28-4-429(c)
* Health assessment and negative TB test on file
* Trained in First Aid, CPR, Child Development, Childhood Illness, Signs and Symptoms of Child Abuse with Abusive Head Trauma
* Satisfactory KBI Criminal Background Check
* Participate in Orientation Training at time of acceptance
* Participate in Positive Behavior Support Training and coaching
Pay Range: $12 per hour, plus insurance
Job Type: Full-time
To apply, reply with cover letter, resume, and references to Marci firstname.lastname@example.org.